How’s your week? Mine has been nothing more than the usual. Tuesday I thought I was coming down with the flu, but turns out, it must have just been something I ate – thank goodness! Sadly, I still had to skip my workout, though. I tried to make up for it last night by going to Turbo and then completing this circuit workout.
My friend, Laurie, joined me which made it even better!
When I got home, I did some cleaning around the house and made a shake for dinner – Chocolate Vegan Shakeology, ice, almond milk (30 calories per cup), 1 whole banana and small scoop PB. While drinking dinner, I started reading 50 Shades of Grey. I know, I’m way behind, but better late than never and I’ve heard all good things about it!
Other eats this week:
- Tomato Soup and Gourmet Salad (from Le Petite), which had spinach, swiss, mandarin oranges, strawberries, walnuts and a poppyseed dressing.
- Chocolate Vegan Shakeology with Herbal Tea.
- Salmon Salad, which was spinach, romaine, feta, sunflower seeds and homemade creamy garlic dressing.
- Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup with green grapes.
Tuesday night I couldn’t bear the thought of dinner, but while Ashley was at Spin, I told her I’d whip her up some stir fry. I remember that I promised this recipe a while ago so here it is:
Veggie Stir Fry with Quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp. sesame oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos (all natural soy sauce)
- 1 cup Quinoa
1. Cook Quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet or wok over high heat. Add garlic carrot and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add broccoli and zucchini; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes. Add chili powder. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Turn off heat.
4. Add sesame oil and mix well.
5. Mix quinoa and veggies and top with Bragg Liquid Aminos.
It’s so simple, clean and delicious! You could always add chicken, steak, shrimp or tempeh to it as well.
Tonight the girls are coming over for Turbo, wine and Catch Phrase, our new favorite activity!! Have a good Thursday! xo