Sunday Splurge Series
Tuna Noodle Casserole
You will need:
– 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
– 1 cup frozen green peas
– 3 cans tuna, drained
– 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 T. bread crumps
– s+p to taste
- Bing a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish, and top with bread crumbs and spray crumbs with cooking spray so that they’ll brown.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the oven, or until cheese is bubbly and bread crumbs have browned slightly.
This dish was remarkably easy and obviously very delicious. As always, with splurge dishes, portion control is very important. Perhaps serve this as a side dish rather than the main entree. Also, it makes a ton, so give some away to family and friends. I told Ashley she needed to take some over to our parents so that we don’t eat it all! Hope your weekend was great! Back tomorrow with a recap of mine.